MORE INFORMATION about the training below - Click read more for information on locations, what to bring and all information relating to the training.
Puppy and Dog Training Classes at Ipswich, Colchester, Martlesham, Stowupland, Barham
What is the training for?
Our Puppy and dog training classes teach obedience, good behaviour, doggy manners and life skills for puppies and dogs of all ages and consists of a 44 week programme which can be booked in sets of 8, 12 or 16 weeks. You can chose to do some or all of it – the choice is yours. The programme is split into 6 achievable levels where your dog receives up to 6 certifications throughout their time with us.
Our 44 week programme is based on research and scientific facts and benefits dogs in all these ways
- Formal puppy training for the first year of life reduces dog to dog aggression
- Dogs that don’t attend classes for the first year of their life are 2.6 times more aggressive than those not attending training with other dogs in the household
- Dogs that don’t attend classes show a 2.8 times higher level of non social fear.
- Dogs learn over months and years by layering the learning just as we would learn at school.
Here are a few of the things we cover:
Socialisation, Lead walking, Recall, Impulse control, Trick training, Emergency stops, Manners around animals and people, Scent work, Heelwork, Preventing problem behaviours and much more.
Our training is comprehensively designed around training life skills, gaining a great relationship with your puppy or dog and supporting you through every life stage from puppyhood to adulthood and beyond.
How long does a course last?
Our training is modern and progressive, and can be booked in sets of 8, 12 or 16 classes. You can rebook and continue your training for as long as you like, as we never repeat the same class twice. We actually adapt our class programme criteria each week according to skill level of the individual dogs attending as we prefer to be focussed on your dogs needs rather than just repeating the same classes over and over again.
How many sets shall I book?
You can choose to book as many sets of 8, 12 or 16 classes as you would like. There is no limit to how many times you can keep booking, as our training is tailored and progressive. It takes around 44 weeks to cover everything we train from start to finish.
Adult dogs requirements will depend on any previous training, but as a minimum we recommend 12 classes.
Can I do more than just classes?
Absolutely, and we highly recommend everyone joins our VIP membership program. You get access to over 250 online training tutorials to compliment your classes, live regular video sessions with a behaviourist, and access to a dedicated VIP membership group for more help and support whenever you want and need it. VIP membership is half price if booked at the same time as a class.
We have lots of times and days available, as well as offering the flexibility to book dates to suit you in sets of 8, 12 or 16 classes. If you have a holiday or event planned you can choose the dates you attend from our easy to use booking calendar. You can also book our flexible booking option which allows you to make a set amount of changes per booking.
We train at 6 locations – Here are the addresses for each location. Please ensure you have selected the right location for your booking.
Ipswich Blue Cross
- Suffolk Blue Cross - Bourne Hill, Wherstead, Ipswich, IP2 8NQ
- Kembroke Kennels - Newbourne Road, Ipswich, IP10 0BU
- Dans Meadow - Bealings Rd, Martlesham, IP12 4RW
- Millies Meadow, Sandy Lane, Barham, IP6 0PB
- WM Smith - Pightle Barn, Stowupland, IP14 5EU
- Dog Play Centre, Seven Saints Farm, Severalls Ln, Colchester CO4 5JB
What to bring to class:
- Flat collar or harness (Choke chains, prong collars are not permitted)
- Standard lead (not extendable)
- A long line maximum 5m
- Lots of yummy treats cut into small pieces (Around 200-300 pieces). Thinly sliced hot dogs are great for training
- Poo bags
- Please email a copy of your dogs vaccination certificate to [email protected]
- Please dress for the weather conditions, to ensure you and your dog are comfortable throughout the session. We train in all weathers. REMEMBER, there’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!!!!!!
Water and water bowls are provided, but if your dog prefers their own please feel free to bring that as well. We recommend not feeding a morning meal, or at least reducing it, as the training is reward based and their tummy’s will fill up quickly!!!
Social Distancing and COVID 19
Parking & Facilities
- To keep everyone safe we currently ask that one person per household attends with their dog. This can be varied/ alternated between caregivers week to week if required.
- In the event of a lockdown, government changing protocols, or if we feel it is in the best interest of those attending, training may be conducted via an online medium instead of a face to face class where necessary as per our terms.
Parking is available on site, and please read our terms and conditions before booking.
Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking. Failure to make payment will result in the booking being cancelled.
Helping animals in need through training
We are delighted to be training at the Blue Cross. Best Behaviour Dog Training support the rescue dogs with financial contributions for the use of the space as well as giving the Blue Cross rescue dogs a space in every class so they have time out of kennels, and interaction with dogs and people whilst they are waiting to find their forever home.
For all other FAQ’s please see our terms and conditions and FAQ’s pages