Terms and Conditions
By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with Best Behaviour Dog Training.
COVID 19 and SOCIAL DISTANCING - when applicable
- Strict social distancing measures will be in place at all classes until further notice. This means remaining at least 2m away from the person and dogs in classes, whilst waiting for classes and after classes. By accepting our terms and conditions you are agreeing to abide by social distancing when using our services.
- Anyone not abiding to the strict social distancing rules shall be asked to leave immediately and there is no right of refund in this instance.
- The safety of our clients, dogs and staff is our number one prioirty and strict enforcement of social distancing is to ensure everyone can have a safe pleasurable training experience.
- Anyone puchasing any training during the Covid 19 outbreak may have a combination of online and in person training depending on government guidelines on the dates booked. By purchasing your classes during the Covid 19 outbreak you accept that classes may have to be provided online and may be pre recorded for your convenience if we are in lockdown or if it is in the best interest of those attending as decided by Best Behaviour Dog Training.
- Should we be in a lockdown situation any classes during that period will be provided in an online format.
- Should we need to change your class to online there is no right of deferral or refund as the service will still be provided just via an online means. By agreeing to our terms you are agreeing to switch to online training should it be required.
- Everyone should remain in their cars until the start of the lesson where the instrcutor will come out and indicate you can come into the class. This is to ensure that there is no social contact between any previous classes.
- Due to Covid 19 and its sources of transmission we shall be disinfecting and deep cleaning all equipment at regular intervals. Please allow staff space and time to do this if required.
- We shall no longer be lending long lines to owners and request you bring your own 5m longline. This ensures your further safety by using your own personal equipment.
- Instructors shall remain at least 3m away from you and your dog.
Classes, Training & Consultations
Bad Weather Policy
- Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your trainer.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training and are required to clean up after your dog should they go to the toilet.
- Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance until your trainer advises the correct social introductions.
- You must follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and don't use equipment when your trainer is not present.
- Equipment is designed for dog use only and best behaviour dog training takes no responsibility for loss or damages that may occur when equipment is in use.
- Pick up after your dogs and do not allow dogs to pee in the training area or on the equipment – accidents do sometimes happen, so let your trainer know so that the area can be washed down.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy and behaviourally sound to attend training, your dog must be fully vaccinated and not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian.
- Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season. Depending on location, you may not be able to attend.
- We use reward based training therefore harsh handling will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises or cease the session if they are abusive to any other person or dog. We do not allow prong or choke chain collars, slip leads or extendible leads in classes. If you would like any help with selecting equipment please let your trainer know. Please ensure you have lots of yummy treats and your dog's favourite toy available whilst attending training.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Family members are always welcome in classes and 121 training. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- In the rare event of bad or extreme weather your training may/ shall be provided via an online format for that week or weeks.
- If a class cannot take place due to adverse weather conditions where it is not safe or in the best interest of dogs and owners to attend you training will be delivered for that lesson/ week via an online format. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you are agreeing to accept an online format if deemed required at any time.
Bookings, Payments & Cancellations
- Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking. Failure to make payment at time of booking will result in the booking being cancelled.
- 121s and consultations require full payment to secure your date. Dates are non transferable and non refundable once booked. All dates must be booked and used within 3 months of the booking date.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act you may cancel your purchase within a period of 14 working days beginning the moment you place your order. However there will be a £72 admin fee deducted per course / product to cover fees and admin associated with the refund. However, there is no right of cancellation where the class, 121 or behaviour consultation begins within this 14 day period. By agreeing to our terms you agree to waiver your right to cancel if the course starts within 14 days of making the booking.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service if your course has already commenced regardless of when the order was made.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service following the 14 days after making the order.
- Classes with Rolling Starts & Consultations – upon booking via our online booking system and having made your choice of dates these will then be fixed. Once you have selected your dates they are fixed. We cannot change dates within a period 14 days prior to your first class or at any point during the dates you have chosen. We offer a quality training service and to maintain this level of service we have to ensure we have enough bookings to pay for our exclusive venues at the Blue Cross, Colchester and Stowmarket, as well as donating money to support the Blue Cross and pay our team of experienced staff.
- Cancellations for classes and consultations must be made by email. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- If the participant fails to attend the course the full course fees are payable.
- If the participant misses two sessions and fails to advise Best Behaviour Dog Training they cannot attend a your entire booking will be forfeit.
- If the participant cancels a 121 or behaviour consultation the full amount will be payable if the appointment is within the next 7 days.
- A substitute delegate may be named at any time before the class or workshop at no additional cost.
- If your dog comes into season we do not permit them to attend class, however you are welcome to view the class so you can train at home.
- Requests to transfer to an alternative class can only be made up to 14 days prior to the start of your first class. Any requests to change must be made in writing by email. Transfers may be made up to 14 days before the start date and may incur an additional fee. However, transfers are subject to availability and Best Behaviour Dog Training is not obliged to ensure suitable alternatives are available.
- If attending classses and you have not divulged a behavioural problem. Best Behaviour reserve the right to ask you to leave the class. No refund will be made if information is withheld at time of booking. However a behavioural consultation may be offered instead and it is your responsibility to cover any additional costs.
- 121 & Behaviour consultations will be subject to an additional mileage charge at 0.45ppm should I be required to travel further than a 20 mile radius from Stowmarket.
- An additional hourly fee of £60ph is chargable when travel is more than a total of 1 hour per visit.
Downloadable Content - Digital Content
- In the event of an act of god, hurricane, flooding, pandemics, earthquake, natural disaster, war, or government mandate or law or any other extra ordinary circumstance training will be provided via pre recorded online training content taken from our comprehensive class syllabus.
How to end a subscription
- When buying online courses and digital content you have a choice to waiver your rights to your cooling off period for instant access or alternatively access will be given after your 14 day cooling off period has ended and you are certain you wish to go ahead with the service you have chosen.
- You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of
- digital products after you have started to download or stream these
- Tell us you want to end the contract. We require 30 days notice from the date you decide to cancel. You will be charged as usual during the 30 days from the point of advising us of the cancellation and will have access to your services until day 30 of the cancellation period. This date is determined by the date you give us notice. To cancel please let us know by:
Email at [email protected]. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address. We advise you to cancel on your renewal date to maximise the 30 day period.
If you have cancelled a discounted subscription ie through an offer or with classes you can resubscribe any time. However the half price offer is only valid once and all future subscriptions will be at full price.
If you cancel a direct debit and do not inform us in writing you WILL be liable for all payments until a written confirmation of cancellation of contract is made, and at that point the 30 day cancellation policy will apply. Failure to make payment without informing Best Behaviour Dog Training Ltd will result in legal proceedings to recover the debt. Late payment will result in compensation charge and interest 8% above the Bank of England base rate.
Course Content & Material
- Best Behaviour Dog Training and Dogversity reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue or instructor. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly with changes in the weather meaning we have to postpone a session. If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather or instructor illness, we will let everyone know who has booked in by text as soon as we can at least an hour before the start of your class. We will then reschedule all the bookings to an alternative week or course date. Best Behaviour Dog Training will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
- The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- We send out an occasional email newsletter which we would encourage you to opt in to receiving to find out about future training. If you do not wish to receive this please unsubscribe from the newsletter by sending an email to [email protected].
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you give Best Behaviour Dog Training permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog.
You release all claims against Best Behaviour Dog Training with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials.
Issued from 3rd March 2016
Updated for GDPR 2nd April 2018
Updated 5th August 2018
Updated 6th April 2020 - Covid 19