Terms and Conditions
By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with Best Behaviour Dog Training.
Classes, Training & Consultations
- Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your trainer.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training and are required to clean up after your dog should they go to the toilet.
- Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance until your trainer advises the correct social introductions.
- You must follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and don't use equipment when your trainer is not present.
- Equipment is designed for dog use only and best behaviour dog training takes no responsibility for loss or damages that may occur when equipment is in use.
- Pick up after your dogs and do not allow dogs to pee in the training area or on the equipment – accidents do sometimes happen, so let your trainer know so that the area can be washed down.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training, your dog must be fully vaccinated and not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian.
- Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season. Depending on location, you may not be able to attend.
- We use reward based training therefore harsh handling will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises or cease the session if they are abusive to any other person or dog. We do not allow prong or choke chain collars, slip leads or extendible leads in classes. If you would like any help with selecting equipment please let your trainer know. Please ensure you have lots of yummy treats and your dog's favourite toy available whilst attending training.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Family members are always welcome in classes and 121 training. All children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Bookings, Payments & Cancellations
- Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking. Failure to make payment within 24 hours will result in the booking being cancelled.
- 121s and consultations require a £50 non refundable deposit to secure your date.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act you may cancel your purchase within a period of 14 working days beginning the moment you place your order. However, there is no right of cancellation where the class, 121 or behaviour consultation begins within this 14 day period.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service if your course has already commenced regardless of when the order was made.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service following the 14 days after making the order.
- Classes with Rolling Starts & Consultations – upon booking via our online booking system or at the point of paying a deposit for 121s or consultations and having made your choice of dates these will then be fixed. Once you have selected your dates they are fixed. We cannot change dates within a period 14 days prior to your first class or at any point during the dates you have chosen. We offer a quality training service and to maintain this level of service we have to ensure we have enough bookings to pay for our exclusive venues at the Blue Cross and Stowmarket, as well as donating money to support the Blue Cross and pay our team of experienced staff.
- Cancellations for classes and consultations must be made by email. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- If the participant fails to attend the course the full course fees are payable.
- If the participant misses two sessions and fails to advise Best Behaviour Dog Training they cannot attend a your entire booking will be forfeit.
- If the participant cancels a 121 or behaviour consultation the full amount will be payable if the appointment is within the next 7 days.
- A substitute delegate may be named at any time before the class or workshop at no additional cost.
- If your dog comes into season we do not permit them to attend class, however you are welcome to view the class so you can train at home.
- Requests to transfer to an alternative class can only be made up to 14 days prior to the start of your first class. Any requests to change must be made in writing by email. Transfers may be made up to 14 days before the start date and may incur an additional fee. However, transfers are subject to availability and Best Behaviour Dog Training is not obliged to ensure suitable alternatives are available.
- If attending classses and you have not divulged a behavioural problem. Best Behaviour reserve the right to ask you to leave the class. No refund will be made if information is withheld at time of booking. However a behavioural consultation may be offered instead and it is your responsibility to cover any additional costs.
- 121 & Behaviour consultations will be subject to an additional mileage charge at 0.45ppm should I be required to travel further than a 20 mile radius from Stowmarket.
- An additional hourly fee of £60ph is chargable when travel is more than a total of 1 hour per visit.
Course Content & Material
- Best Behaviour Dog Training reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue or instructor. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly with changes in the weather meaning we have to postpone a session. If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled due to the weather or instructor illness, we will let everyone know who has booked in by text as soon as we can at least an hour before the start of your class. We will then reschedule all the bookings to an alternative week or course date. Best Behaviour Dog Training will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
- The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- We send out an occasional email newsletter which we would encourage you to opt in to receiving to find out about future training. If you do not wish to receive this please unsubscribe from the newsletter by sending an email to [email protected].
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you give Best Behaviour Dog Training permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog.
You release all claims against Best Behaviour Dog Training with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials.
Issued from 3rd March 2016
Updated for GDPR 2nd April 2018
Updated 5th August 2018