What is the training for?
- Does your dog pull on a lead?
- Are you fed up with your arm being pulled out of its socket!
- Has walking your dog become a chore rather than a pleasure?
- Do you find yourself going out in the dark so you don't meet other dogs and people in the hope your dog won't pull so much?
This is a very personalised intensive 4 week lead walking course, with exclusive access to our VIP group for ongoing help and support for you and your dog even after the course. Numbers are kept low on this course to ensure you have lots of help, advice and attention to get your dogs lead walking working well for you.
What we cover:
- Getting your dogs attention
- Improving listening skills
- Lead walking the impulsive dog
- Week 4 is going on an actual walk and putting into practice the three weeks of intensive training with your behaviourist at hand to problem solve and help you through those real life problems you experience.
Blue Cross Rehoming Centre
Ipswich IP2 8NQ
(If you are using Sat nav it may not bring you all of the way to the centre. If approaching from the south side of Bourne Hill, you will pass the Oyster Reach restaurant, and Bourne Hill kennels on the left. The centre is just past the kennels and opposite the entrance to the dry ski slope)
Wherstead is just off junction 56 of the A14 making it easy to reach from Sudbury, Felixstowe, Ipswich, Colchester, Woodbridge, Martlesham, Sproughton, Copdock and surrounding areas.
What to bring to class:
- Flat collar or harness (Choke chains, prong collars are not permitted)
- Standard lead (not extendable)
- Lots of yummy treats cut into small pieces. Thinly sliced hot dogs are great for training
- Poo bags
- Please bring your dogs vaccination certificate to the first session you attend or email a copy to [email protected]
- Please dress for the weather conditions, to ensure you and your dog are comfortable throughout the session. We train in all weathers. REMEMBER, theres no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes!!!!!!
Water and water bowls are provided, but if your dog prefers their own please feel free to bring that as well. We recommend not feeding a morning meal, or at least reducing it, as the training is reward based and their tummy’s will fill up quickly!!!
Parking is available on site, and please read our terms and conditions before booking.